Anticucho (grill skewers) of salmon, chorizo, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, and cheddar.
- 12 medium wooden skewers moistened with water
- 1 kilo of Chilean salmon fillet, skinless
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- juice of one lemon
- 1 large Spanish type chorizo (pork sausage), sliced into thick slices
- 250 grams of cherry tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into medium squares
- 250 grs of small mushrooms
- 300 grs of cheddar cheese, diced
Cut the salmon fillet into medium cubes of about 2 cm.
Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice and leave marinating in a covered dish in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
For each anticucho, start by inserting on the wooden skewer a slice of chorizo, a mushroom, a cherry tomato, a green pepper slice, salmon piece and finally a slice of cheese. Repeat the process twice on each skewer.
Heat to a high temperature on the grill and cook the skewers for 2 minutes on each side.
Serve with green salads and accompanied by a special herbal sauce:
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 4 tbsp yogurt
- 4 tbsp chopped basil leaves
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp almonds
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- Salt to taste
Mix all the ingredients together in a food processor until homogeneous.
Serve with roasted salmon skewers.
Note: this sauce is also used for salads.
Anticucho (grill skewers) of salmon, chorizo, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, and cheddar.-
Salmon pancakes with capers (4 portions)-
Bite-size squares of salmon with roasted potatoes (4 portions)-