- 1 1/2 kilo of Chilean salmon fillet without skin, cut into 6 individual fillets
- 50 cc of lemon juice
- 350 grams of clean squid rings
- 3 fine chopped scallions
- 1 finely chopped red pepper
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup dendé oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of water or salmon stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped to use as garnish before serving
Season the salmon fillets and add the lemon juice.
In a large and deep skillet, place the chopped tomatoes, then salmon fillets (in an orderly manner), then the scallions, chopped paprika and finally pour in the dendé oil, coconut milk and water. Cover the pan and cook over a medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, without stirring, until the fish is cooked.
Sprinkle with chopped fresh coriander and serve immediately with the coconut sauce from the pan.
Accompany preferably with white rice.
Salmon and shrimp moqueca (6 portions)6 portions
Brown Rice Risotto with Salmon and Lemon (4 portions)4 portions