For the rice:
• 1 cup of Japanese rice
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 spoon of sugar
• 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
For the Poke sauce:
• 4 tablespoons oil
• 2 tablespoons of soy
• juice from 1 lemon
• 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (black and white mixed)
• 2 tablespoons grated ginger
• salt to taste
For the Poke main food ingredients:
• 500 grs of Chilean Salmon fillet cut in medium-sized cubes
• 1 pickle cut into thin slices
• 1 carrot cut into thin slices
• 1 package of small leaf vegetables or mixed sprouts
• 2 radishes cut into thin slices
For the rice:
1. Wash the rice well until the water is clear. Then let it soak for 30 minutes.
2. In a pot, place the drained rice and 3 cups of cold water and bring to boil on a high heat for 1 minute, then lower the heat and cook covered for 15 more minutes.
3. Turn off the heat and let stand, covered for another 10 minutes.
4. In a bowl, mix the salt, sugar and vinegar, stirring until everything is well mixed and diluted.
5. Add this seasoning to the rice, spread it out in a roasting pan to cool. Let stand cold, covered with a plastic film.
For the Poke:
1. Make the sauce in a bowl. Mix the oil, soy, lemon juice, sesame and ginger. Add salt, if necessary.
2. Season the raw salmon with the sauce, and season the vegetables.
3. Prepare each serving of poke in a bowl, starting with the rice, followed by the cubes of seasoned raw salmon, then a little of each vegetable and a portion of salad leaves or sprouts. Cover everything with a little more of the sauce and serve immediately.
Preparation time: 50 minutes
Roasted Salmon and Mint Pesto Vegetable Spaghetti ( 4 portions)4 portions
Vatapá – from Bahia (6 portions)-
Sautéed Salmon with sesame seeds and vegetables (6 portions)-