(Ceviche is a seafood dish originating in Peru typically made from fresh raw fish cured in lemon or lime citrus juices)
- 500 grams of salmon from Chile
- 250 grams of cooked and skinless shrimp tails
- 2 ripe but firm avocados
- 2 ripe and large tomatoes
- 2 cups of Peruvian large kernel corn
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 1 tsp hot rocoto pepper, finely chopped
- 80 cc of lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped to use as garnish when serving.
Cut the salmon into small cubes of about 2 cm and refrigerate
Chop the tomatoes and avocado into 2 cm cubes.
In a bowl, combine the cubes of salmon, chopped onion, avocado, diced tomato, and large kernel corn.
Combine the cooked shrimp tails, salt and pepper and mix gently; finally add the lemon juice and the finely chopped rocoto pepper.
Sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve immediately.
Salmon ceviche with mango and rocoto pepper4 portions